If you purchased a bunch of bananas and have forgotten to eat them, do not fret. I have any easy solution that will not let them go to waste. Why not bake with those mushy bananas? They are actually the perfect consistency to make banana bread.
The Yummiest Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar or Splenda Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sour milk
- 2-3 chopped bananas (should measure to 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or spray 2 loaf pans with non stick spray
- Make sour milk ( Measure out 1/2 cup of milk. Let it get to room temperature. Add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Milk should sit for about 15 minutes and then it is ready.)
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer add 1/2 cup of margarine
- Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar or Splenda Blend
- Add 2 eggs
- Add 2 cups of flour
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Add 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- Add 1/2 cup of sour milk
- Add chopped bananas
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- Pour mix into two loaf pans.
- Top batter in pans with chopped pecans.
- Put into preheated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour.
***Warning-this bread is extremely addictive!