Cobbler is hands down one of my favorite desserts. When it is topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, this southern girl is in heaven! I don’t care if its apple, blueberry, cherry, or blackberry cobbler, I love it all!
I have always shied away from making cobblers myself. The idea of making the crust is intimidating for me. So, the only time I get to partake in my favorite dessert is at a restaurant that happens to have it on their menu.
My cherry cheesecake cobbler recipe only requires 5 ingredients. You probably have most of them already in your fridge and pantry. You may have to run out and buy pie filling. I chose cherry because it is my favorite, but you could go with blueberry, blackberry, peach, apple, etc.
Spread one can of crescent roll on the bottom of a 13×9 pan. Make sure to press it so that it fully covers the bottom of the pan. This is going to be your bottom crust.
Spread the cream cheese, so that if fully covers the crust. Then, pour two cans of fruity pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer. Make sure to spread it out evenly, so that each bite will encounter a yummy cherry or fruit of your choice.
Sprinkle sugar on top of the cherry pie filling. Then, place the second crescent roll on top of the filling. You will want to try and pinch and manipulate the dough so that the perforations disappear. Be careful not to press too hard, it will cause a big mess!
Spread melted butter on top of the cobbler with a silicone spatula and then sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 45 minutes.
Let the cobbler cool down for at least 10 minutes before serving. Don’t forget to add the vanilla ice cream!
Cherry Cheesecake Cobbler
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cans fruit pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Spread one can of crescent rolls onto the bottom of a 9×13 pan
- Spread softened cream cheese on top of the pressed out crescent roll
- Pour both cans of pie filling on top of the cream cheese and spread evenly
- Sprinkle sugar onto the pie filling evenly
- Spread second can of crescent roll onto the pie filling.
- Pour melted butter onto dough and spread with a silicone spatula
- Sprinkle sugar onto the dough
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until done.