I have found a tasty recipe that is just perfect for this winter season! This recipe is easy and can feed up to 6 people for under $15.00. The preparation and cooking time is about 45 minutes.
Mom’s Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups of frozen carrots (sliced) or 4 carrots sliced into half moon shape
- 1 cup of chopped frozen onions or fresh chopped onions
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 3 cups of medium egg noodles
- In a large pot add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Let the pan heat up and add chicken and onion-cook for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, basil, celery, parsley flakes, garlic salt, salt, and pepper-cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of water (use the cream of chicken soup), and chicken broth.
- In a small bowl add the cornstarch and a little amount of water. You want the mixture to be smooth so add enough water until you get the results.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the soup.
- In a separate pot add 6 cups of water and let boil.
- Add in 3 cups of egg noodles. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Drain water and add immediately to the large soup pot.
- Add garlic salt and pepper until you are satisfied with the taste.